5th Earth Architecture Competition: Designing a rural arts center for Senegal
5th Earth Architecture Competition
Nka Foundation announces a call for entries for its 5th Earth Architecture Competition: Designing a Rural Arts Center for Senegal, an international architecture competition open to professionals and students of architecture, design, urban planning and others from around the world. Your challenge is to design a unit of a rural arts school for construction in a village in the Casamance region of Senegal.
Total costs of constructing the design entry must not exceed $10,000 (USD) for materials and local labor. The entry fee is $40 for individual entry and $60 for team entry. Jurors will award prizes for 1st: $1,000; 2nd: $700; and 3rd: $400. Honorable Mention Certificates will be awarded.
- Registration: July 13, 2017 – October 13, 2017
- Submission of Entries: October 16-19, 2017
- Selection of Projects by Jury: October 24-November 2, 2017
- Press Release on the Winning Projects: November 13, 2017
- Building Workshops to Realize the Top 40 Design Entries: February 2018 to July 2020