28 – 30 September 2018 ~ Nowra, NSW, Australia
EBAA 2018 Conference
- Start Date: 2018-09-28
- End Date: 2018-09-30
- “Houses that don’t cost the earth” is EBAA’s 2018 Earth Building Conference theme which presents the opportunity for all of us to share in a…
“Houses that don’t cost the earth”
is EBAA’s 2018 Earth Building Conference theme which presents the opportunity for all of us to share in a 3-day programme of workshops, seminars and papers on the subject of affordable and sustainable housing through the use of natural and unfired earth.
Topics that will be covered include:
- affordable earth homes
- owner built earth housing
- design features that assist in keeping the costs down
- light earth, mudbrick and rammed earth wall construction
- co-housing / sweat equity earth building approaches and schemes
- earth building approaches and systems to reduce construction costs
- what makes earth such an ideal material to create an affordable home
- other topics to be announced
Key Note Speaker: Prof. Dr Gernot Minke – Rostock Germany.
More speakers to be announced shortly.
- A day of talks / seminars / discussion /lectures,
- A day of demonstrations of how to do it ( how to make and lay mud bricks, how to build in rammed earth walls and how to build in cob and also other earth building techniques demonstrated / explained),
- A day of visiting local existing successful unfired earth buildings.
Dates and venue
The conference is held over 3 days 28, 29, 30 September 2018 at Bamarang Bush Retreat, which is near Nowra in the Shoalhaven area south of Sydney, in NSW. The conference venue, Bamarang Bush Retreat, is a large group of mud-brick buildings. Accommodation in these mud brick buildings is included for conference attendees who wish. All meals are fully catered with delicious local produce prepared and cooked by EBAA catering members at the venue. Evening fireside music often completes the day.
3-day Conference Package Deal (Includes attendance, lunch, snacks and dinner)
Individual non-member: $ 350/person
EBAA member: $ 290/person
Student/Unwaged: $ 200/person
Group of 3 or more: $ 315/person
Registration window closes midnight of 15th September 2018.