7 – 8 September 2018 ~ Poysdorf-Ketzelsdorf, Austria
“Kellergasse” Earth Building Workshop
- Start Date: 2018-09-07
- End Date: 2018-09-08
- The “Netzwerk Lehm” in Austria together with the municipality of “Poysdorf”, “Poysdorfer Kellerakademie” and Lehmbau BOKU – Earthen architectural heritage in Austria are running a…
The “Netzwerk Lehm” in Austria together with the municipality of “Poysdorf”, “Poysdorfer Kellerakademie” and Lehmbau BOKU – Earthen architectural heritage in Austria are running a workshop at Alte Geringen, Poysdorf-Ketzelsdort as part of this year’s European Cultural Heritage Year and the Poysdorfer Wine Festival.
Kellergassen – or wine cellar lanes – are a characteristic feature of the vineyards of Lower Austria and part of its architectural heritage. Many were traditionally made of earth. » Photos
The earth building workshop examines the earth building heritage of Kellergassen, typical damage patterns and possible approaches to their renovation and maintenance.
- Kellergassen: Forms and History (C. Kalch)
- Kellergassen: Renovation, upkeep and maintenance (C. Kalch)
- Presentation of a Kellergassen land register
- Historical earth building techniques
- Material properties
- Sources of earth and geology
- Earth mixtures: own mixtures from local sources of earth or pre-mixed earth mixtures?
- Working with the raw material
- Damage patterns, causes and renovation measures
- What to be aware of when combining earth with lime and cement
- Practical renovation techniques in the Kellergasse Alte Geringen
Christian Kalch, Franz Ottner, Roland Meingast, Hubert Feiglstorfer, Thomas Schauppenlehner
Please note: the workshop will be conducted in German!
Restorers, craftsmen and women with experience in renovating old buildings, Kellergasse specialists, builders, architects, members of the BDA and public authorities
7-8 September 2017, 9:30 – 17:00
Poysdorf-Ketzelsdorf, Kellergasse Alte Geringen, Presshaus Hugl-Wimmer
The workshop is a practical course – bring working tools and work clothes.
50 € for 1 day, 80 € for both days. The two days are different with day 2 building on day 1.
» Download (PDF)